ABB Rugged Mesh Router - TropOS 6420-XAPart Number: TropOS 6420-XA
The TropOS 6420-XA industrial rugged mesh router delivers high reliability and performance in extreme application environments.
It provides superior reliability by accessing 653 MHz of RF spectrum using automatic interference avoidance capabilities of TropOS Mesh OS. The TropOS 6420-XA uses the 802.11a/b/g/n wireless standards to deliver 600 Mbps total wireless data rate, 300 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and another 300 Mbps at 5 GHz.
An effective solution for a wide variety of applications, the TropOS 6420-XA industrial mesh router is well-suited for utilities, oil and gas exploration and production, mining and industrial process control. The router provides a reliable mesh network foundation for deploying multiple, concurrent mission critical applications. The TropOS 6420-XA can either serve as a gateway interface for capacity injection into the mesh network or as a node to extend or reinforce network connectivity.
Capable of creating or expanding higher-capacity mesh networks, the TropOS 6420-XA router supports 2x2 MIMO in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands. It enables meshing and client connectivity in both frequency bands. A single-radio, 2.4 GHz version, the TropOS 6410-XA, is also available.
The TropOS 6420-XA is specifically packaged for installation in extreme application environments such as low or high temperature, high winds or salt fog.
The TropOS 6420 can be ordered with two Ethernet ports that can be used to inject capacity into the mesh network and attach client devices such as video cameras or with one Ethernet port that can be used to inject capacity into the network plus a serial (RS-232/RS-485) interface. Its antennas can be mounted remotely from the router itself.
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n radio: 2.400 – 2.473 GHz (FCC/IC), 2.400 – 2.483 GHz (ETSI/EU)
- IEEE 802.11a/n radio: 5.125 – 5.325 GHz (FCC/IC only), 5.470 – 5.850 GHz (FCC/IC and ETSI/EU)
- Transmits at the maximum allowed signal strength on all channels for all regulatory regimes
- One 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet port
- One IEEE 802.3u autosensing 10/100BASE-T Ethernet port or one serial port (RS-232 or RS-485)
- Protocols: DNP3, Modbus (RTU), Modbus (ASCII), raw (serial pass-through) support
- IPv4; IPv6-ready
- IEEE 802.1q VLAN support (ESSID and IP based tagging)
- Session-persistent mobility across subnets
- Automatic rate, power, channel and band control
- Reliable broadcast to support IEC 61850 GOOSE messaging and ABB System 800xA RNRP
- Local and remote management tools via HTTPS
- Over the air software upgrades
- Integrated antenna protection
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 75°C
- Storage temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Weather rating: IP67 UL579/IEC 60529 IP67
- Wind survivability: >200 mph
- Wind loading (200 mph): <300 Newtons
- ASTM B117 salt fog rust resistance compliant
- Shock & vibration: ETSI 300-19-2-4 spec T4.1E class 4M3
- Transportation: ISTA
- Technical controls required to achieve NERC CIP v5 compliance
- Integrated firewall
- IPsec VPNs
- Authentication: WPA, WPA2, 802.11i, RADIUS, 802.1x (includes EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-SIM, PEAP)
- Encryption: open, WEP, TKIP, AES-CCM